Athletic Greens - A Comprehensive Review
My Athletic Greens Review will go over my experience with the product as well as how AG ranks in terms of ingredients, taste, mixability, effects, and price.
12 servings of fruits and vegetables in just one serving
Not delicious, but definitely drinkable
A few shakes and it's ready. No clumps
Amazing energy throughout the day along with better digestion
Cover the cost of shipping ($4.95) and receive a free sample
My Favorite Athletic Greens Effects
- Sustained energy throughout the day
- Very easy digestion because of the loaded digestive enzymes and probiotics
- Haven't been sick in the 3 months since using it
- Extremely clean nutritional profile, free of any synthetic chemicals
- More convenient than blending up a green shake with raw vegetables
My Experience: I consume a serving of Athletic Greens (AG) everyday, first thing in the morning. It is a convenient way to meet my daily requirements for many essential vitamins and minerals. As mentioned above, I have better energy throughout the day and AG makes for an easy alternative to making my own green shake from raw vegetables every morning.
Free + $4.95 Shipping
Athletic Greens contains 75 ingredients and provides enough vitamins and minerals to be used as both a multivitamin and a greens supplement. A 12g serving delivers the daily requirement of zinc, biotin, vitamins C, E and almost as much of vitamin A. Moreover, you get 187% of your vitamin B1 requirement and 466% of your vitamin B12 requirement. Vitamin B1 is a critical component in the production of energy from fats and carbohydrates, while Vitamin B12 is a requirement for proper brain function and health. Vitamin B12 is found in foods such as meat, fish, and dairy, making Athletic Greens extremely suitable for vegans.
Athletic Greens' ingredients can be grouped into 4 categories:
- Green Superfoods: This category includes stuff like organic wheatgrass, organic barley leaf, broccoli flour powder, red beet root powder, spinach leaf powder, grape seed extract, green tea extract, amongst other ingredients. They refer to it as the "Alkaline, Nutrient Dense Raw Superfood Complex", and is included to regulate the body's pH levels, i.e. to improve alkalinity. It is very difficult for disease to survive in a body that is in an alkaline state.
- Natural Extracts, Herbs, and Antioxidants: This category makes up the second most abundant portion of Athletic Greens after Green Superfoods. It includes ingredients such as pea protein isolate, citric acid, coenzymes, policosonal, amongst other ingredients. One serving of Athletic Greens delivers the antioxidant equivalent of 10-12 servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Digestive Enzymes: This category makes up the smallest portion of the Athletic Greens mix and includes different root extracts and powders.
- Probiotics: This category includes 3.6 billion counts of both lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidobacterium bifidum, allowing for smooth and easy digestion. Probiotics are usually found in yoghurt, but the ones included in Athletic Greens are sourced from a dairy free source.
Any green supplement that includes high quality superfoods such as green leafy vegetables, grasses and algae, doesn't taste all that great. With the previous greens supplement I tried (VegeGreens), I literally had to hold my nose before chugging it down. I couldn't even finish the whole container because the taste was too difficult to get used to.
Athletic Greens does a great job in masking this earthy, almost swampy, taste that is common amongst most high quality green supplements. This does not mean that is delicious. But the taste is not too hard to get used to. AG has a sweet aftertaste which, to me, tastes like blueberry. This aftertaste comes from the added fruits, vanilla, and stevia extract.
So overall, the taste of AG is great compared to other greens supplements on the market. The reason I gave this a 3.5 star rating is because it takes a bit of time to get used to. You won't love your first sip, but after a week or so you will eventually begin to like it. AG is probably the best tasting greens supplement on the market right now.
I mix up my daily serving of Athletic Greens in either a blender or a shaker cup. Both methods leave absolutely zero clumps and make it very easy to drink. I have tried a variety of powdered supplements and Athletic Greens would rank amongst the highest in terms of how well it mixes up and how easy it is to drink.
I did try mixing up Athletic Greens with a spoon once, and that left some clumps. So any method, other than mixing with a spoon, leaves AG extremely smooth and easy to drink.
For me, a noticeable difference after taking Athletic Greens was better energy throughout the day. Before Athletic Greens I used to find it very difficult to wake up early with an alarm clock. These days I wake up with energy, without an alarm clock, and don't find the need for naps throughout the day. The reason for this is because before taking Athletic Greens, my body was lacking in essential vitamin and minerals. I would consistently fail to meet my daily requirement of greens through my diet.
Another noticeable difference after taking Athletic Greens is that of my bowel movements. Loaded with dietary fiber and probiotics, AG makes digestion super smooth and I barely spend any time in the bathroom.
With Athletic Greens I am consistently able to maintain a diet that is complete in all the required vitamins and minerals necessary for keeping my immune system strong. I started taking Athletic Greens about 3 months ago, and haven't been sick once since then. Not even a common cold! (knock on wood)
Up until very recently, Athletic Greens was selling at $132 per container. Each serving is 12 grams and there are 30 servings per container. That runs it to about $4.4 per serving! At this price you would be better off purchasing your own juicer and vegetables, regardless of the convenience. Recently, however, they have been running a promotion that has brought the price down to $48.50 for a 30 serving container. That makes it to about $1.62 per serving, which is a great overall value.
Athletic Greens covers most of your daily essential vitamin and mineral requirements, so there is no need to buy a multivitamin.
All-in-all, Athletic Greens is a powerful greens supplement that can be an effective addition to any athlete's supplement arsenal. With its effects including improved energy, better digestion, and a balanced nutrient intake, Athletic Greens can be especially important to someone who is not able to get enough fruits and vegetables in their diet.
Where To Buy Athletic Greens
The best place to purchase Athletic Greens would be their website. As mentioned above, they are currently running a promotion whereby you can get a sample of AG by simply covering the cost of shipping.
Click the button below to can get access to this special promotion.
I hope that you found my Athletic Greens review helpful and that it offered you with the information you required in order to make an informed decision.